**Proposals for content due 8 June 2017**
Artists and writers embrace the beauty of the impossible and we have all experienced transformative failure. For this issue we are seeking proposals that respond to the idea of failure as a productive force. We are particularly interested in how failure figures in a local context and in artists who pursue failure as process.
Runway is an online publication that commissions experimental, emerging and critically engaged content from artist, writers, critics and thinkers from all over Australia, and that engages with the work of emerging and experimental Australian artists. We encourage submissions that engage with the online format of the magazine, including videos, web based projects, interactive works, sound records of interviews or other, gifs, web disruptions and experimental writing.
A few tips for proposals:
- All proposals for content must include a 200-word explanation – tell us about your project, artwork, proposed essay etc.
- All works should be previously unpublished and unexhibited at the time of publication.
- All submissions should clearly address the theme of FAILURE and be focused on Australian artists, artworks, art culture and/or curatorial ideas.
- Please send all proposals through to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Content proposals due 8 June
- Successful applications advised late June
- Content due 22 July
- Issue launched early August
- Contributions in the ‘artwork’ category will be paid $400
- Short form written contributions (approx 1000 words) $250
- Long form written contributions (approx 2000 words) $400
Extra requirements for custom web proposals:
The runway publication is a WordPress environment. A combination of images, video, audio, animated gifs, animations (flash or edge animate) and hosted web fonts (with licenses) could be used to create rich media, including full screen background video/images, interactive buttons/animations, rollovers/hover states, transitions and animations.