**Proposals for content due 25 September 2017**
Guest edited by Keg de Souza, issue #35 of Runway Australian Experimental Art Magazine addresses the theme of SPACE:
Space is shaped by architecture, people, the landscape. Space surrounds us, but is also an absence of things. We can sometimes determine how it is traversed by the placement of objects, bodies and buildings. We can make it minimal or cluttered. Space is political, space is personal, space is social. Space is the Place.
Runway is an online publication that commissions experimental, emerging and critically engaged content from artist, writers, critics and thinkers from all over Australia, and that engages with the work of emerging and experimental Australian artists. We encourage submissions that engage with the online format of the magazine, including videos, web based projects, interactive works, sound records of interviews or other, gifs, web disruptions and experimental writing.
A few tips for proposals:
- All proposals for content must include a 200-word explanation – tell us about your project, artwork, proposed essay etc.
- All works should be previously unpublished and unexhibited at the time of publication.
- All submissions should clearly address the theme of SPACE and be focused on Australian artists, artworks, art culture and/or curatorial ideas.
- Please send all proposals via the submission link at bottom of page!
- Content proposals due midnight 25 September
- Successful applications advised 3 October
- Content due 29 October
- Issue launched mid-November
- Contributions in the ‘artwork’ category will be paid $400
- Short form written contributions (approx 1000 words) $250
- Long form written contributions (approx 2000 words) $400
Extra requirements for custom web proposals:
The Runway publication is a WordPress environment. A combination of images, video, audio, animated gifs, animations (flash or edge animate) and hosted web fonts (with licenses) could be used to create rich media, including full screen background video/images, interactive buttons/animations, rollovers/hover states, transitions and animations.